Sunday, August 22, 2010

End of Summer Mix

This one is a mix of material I’ve been listening to a lot recently, highlighted by some recent discoveries (thank you Santa Cruz radio for the education on 30 Seconds to Mars and Against Me!), some all but forgotten favorites (I maintain that “Welcome to the Black Parade” is one of the great openers to any mix, “Samson” is still arguably the prettiest song I’ve ever heard, and I don’t care what anyone says, “Lose Yourself” is a timeless jam) and some end of summer songs to fully justify the mix’s title (“Miami,” “Just Until Sundown.”)

01 “Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance
02 “I Was a Teenage Anarchist” by Against Me!
03 “Power” by Kanye West
04 “Sessions” by Counting Crows
05 “Such Great Heights” cover by Ben Folds
06 “Sequestered in Memphis” by The hold Steady
07 “Pinata Novia” by Kane
08 “The Chain” by Ingrid Michaelson
09 “Here Comes Your Man” by The Pixies
10 “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon
11 “This Is War” by 30 Seconds to Mars
12 “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
13 “Samson” by Regina Spektor
14 “Miami” by Counting Crows
15 “Just Until Sundown” by Further Seems Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment